Dude Ranch Employment Opportunities
We are now accepting applications for the summer of 2017!
Another way to shine above the crowd is to write a blog post about us. We love people that can communicate their love of horses, the western lifestyle and hospitality. Link to Black Mountain Colorado Dude Ranch and note it on your application!
For 2017 we are looking for:
- Housekeeper / Kitchen Helper
Housekeepers / Kitchen helpers duties rotate between cleaning guest cabins and common areas, laundry service and helping with breakfast, lunch and dinner service. Helping as needed in both departments. Job experience preferred but not necessary. Staff must be team players able to work with minimal supervision and able to take directions from a supervisor. The position requires a flexible person willing to work long hours dependent on guest counts. When time permits we encourage our staff to ride horses, participate in white water rafting and participate in evening activities. The position pays an hourly wage plus tips and includes room and board.
Because our housekeeping and kitchen staff our on the front line helping our guests, a clean and professional western appearance of western button downs, clean jeans, and cowboys boots. We do provide additional uniform for dinner service.
For all positions, please read our job requirements and skills to set you apart from the crowd.
Minimum job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Physically fit and able to lift 75 pounds
- Willing to work long hours
- Clean driving record
- Current first aid and CPR
- Have skills in western riding and horsemanship, experience in working with a herd.
- Be a willing team player and work on your own with little supervision.
Skills which set you apart (and help you get the job):
- Experience in giving horseback riding instruction, experience leading trail rides
- Experience with fly fishing, spin fishing, trap shooting, archery
- Dancing – line or swing
- Musical talents – singer or guitar player? Piano works as well.
- Experience working with kids and organizing activities
- Hiking, Interpretive walks
- Carpentry, mechanical, welding
This position includes salary, tips plus room and board