A pretty accurate weather report can be viewed here.
For Horseback Riding:
- Jeans or riding pants
- Chaps or Chinks, if you have them (if not, your friendly BMR wranglers will have comfy, broken-in pairs for rent or purchase!)
- Smooth-soled boots (hiking boots or tennis shoes are not ok)
- Long-sleeved shirt*, for cattle drive, (you may be riding through tress)
- Hat* (Cowboy hats offer the most protection, available for purchase in our General Store; baseball caps work ok) that will stay on in the wind
- Riding helmet, if you have your own and choose to wear one (we have helmets available for those who chose to wear one.)
- Raingear, if you have your own (we do have rain jackets available for your use.)
- Gloves* (for protection from rain, sleet, & hail protection)
- A light jacket or fleece*, warm jacket for early and late season
- Sweatshirt and sweatpants* (great for pack camp)
- Bug repellant
- Camera and extra film*
- Phone Card* (we have phones on the ranch, but you will need a calling card or phone card for long distance calls.)
- Aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, Ect…
- Bathing Suit (also for use in hot tubs and swimming pool.)
- River sandals or shoes you don’t mind getting wet
- The rafting company provides wet suites, booties, splash jackets, helmets & life vests
A Note on our weather
Average summer highs are in the 70’s & 80’s with very low humidity. Overnight lows are typically in the 40’s & 50’s. Our typical summer weather pattern includes widely scattered afternoon showers, mostly of the short duration! However, the weather can vary greatly here in the mountains and change rapidly. Sleet, snow, & hail may even occur occasionally. If you are visiting in May, early June or late September, be prepared for a bit cooler temperatures.
*These and many other items are available for purchase in our trading post!