We are now accepting applications for the summer of 2018!
Another way to shine above the crowd is to write a blog post about us. We love people that can communicate their love of horses, the western lifestyle and hospitality. Link to Black Mountain Colorado Dude Ranch and note it on your application!
For 2018 we are looking for:
- Administrative Assistant
- Answering phones
- Taking reservations
- Use excel spread sheets to generate bar tabs, bar inventory, store sales and customer invoices
- Use MS word to generate daily menus, guest lists and more.
- Direct contact with guests to determine any special needs, transportation and invoicing.
- Help the ranch transition to a new bookkeeping and reservation platform
- Assist on our social media platforms
- Some housekeeping
Compensation: Salary plus bonus, housing, and meals.
For all positions, please read our job requirements and skills to set you apart from the crowd.
Minimum job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Physically fit and able to lift 75 pounds
- Willing to work long hours
- Clean driving record
- Current first aid and CPR
- Have skills in western riding and horsemanship, experience in working with a herd.
- Be a willing team player and work on your own with little supervision.
Skills which set you apart (and help you get the job):
- Experience in giving horseback riding instruction, experience leading trail rides
- Experience with fly fishing, spin fishing, trap shooting, archery
- Dancing – line or swing
- Musical talents – singer or guitar player? Piano works as well.
- Experience working with kids and organizing activities
- Hiking, Interpretive walks
- Carpentry, mechanical, welding
This position includes salary, tips plus room and board