“The Best Vacation We Have Ever Taken!”
We are honored and humbled by the amazing reviews our guests have left. Please check out out Trip Advisor page to see some personable reviews with titles like:
“Just booked Year #5…you can’t stay away once you’ve been there.”
Risk of being bored by the same old thing? Not a chance. Missing out on other adventures? You don’t know what adventure is until you’ve been there. When we talk about “vacation” now, we both know we are talking about doing something in addition to BMR.
Read Our Great Reviews
- “Great ranch experience, even for experienced/advanced riders” October 15, 2015
We had our own wrangler (s) for the week and were able to ride to our experience level with lots of trotting and loping on forward going, responsive horses.
- “The most amazing trip of a lifetime” September 24, 2015
I have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone from beginner to the other end of the scale. There is something for everyone here. AMAZING!!!
- “AMAZING – DESERVES AT LEAST A 10* REVIEW!” August 8, 2015
We had such a fantastic week at Black Mountain Ranch – can’t recommend it highly enough. The team are so impressive, fun, kind and outgoing, making sure everyone enjoys their week to the full in whatever way suits them – riding for all abilities, great activities like white water rafting and camping and lassoing and cattle driving and dancing and and and!
- “Vacation of a Lifetime!” August 18, 2014The May family of Black Mountain Ranch does everything first rate… from the 3 gourmet meals a day in the dining room to the dancing and singing in the on site Saloon.
- “The best week I ever spent away from home” September 16, 2013
All I can say is we are going back, the entire staff and ownership are very real and caring people, not just acting like they are concerned for your happiness….the wranglers were great…everything was perfect,,,, stop thinking about it and book it!!!!!!
- “A Week to Remember!” October 11th, 2012
- Excerpt: My son and I visited the Black Mountain Ranch the first week of September. What can I say? Well, I will start with the pros and cons. The Cons: Well, there aren’t any.
- “GO! You won’t regret it!” September 23rd, 2012
Excerpt: This holiday was by far the best we have ever been on! The setting, the staff, the horses, the activities, the food and the bar, all fantastic.
- “Best Honeymoon Ever!” September 12th, 2012
Excerpt: It was absolutely a vacation we’ll never forget and will be telling friends about for years and years to come.
- “Vacation of a Lifetime!” September 8th, 2012 by Patty T
Excerpt: Black Mountain Ranch is a one of a kind vacation. The owners and wranglers make you feel a part of the ranch not just a visitor. Everyone is especially friendly and all of the staff goes to great lengths to make sure your every need is taken care of.
And on Yelp:
“The wranglers/staff – Their number 1 goal [outside of ensuring your safety] is to make sure that you have a good time.”
“The first discussion my girlfriend and I had after leaving the ranch was “when can we come back.”
“Whether you’re looking for a Western adventure, a taste of a different lifestyle, breathtaking mountain views, a chance to fulfill a childhood dream of roping cattle and riding horses, or just a chance to say, “I know it sounds crazy, but I know it’ll be great!,” this is the place for you.”
We have also had quite a few bloggers and writers write pieces about the ranch. Read their thoughts on what a trip to Black Mountain Ranch is really like!
“Ever thought of getting away? Like completely away. No cell phones. No computers. Fresh mountain air. A safe place for the kids to roam. A place where families have fun together? I found a place like that and had the time of my life experiencing everything Black Mountain Colorado Dude Ranch has to offer.”
“I’ll tell you what I am thinking.
Black Mountain Ranch was an amazing, extraordinary, memorable, INCREDIBLY FUN weekend for all of us.”
“As Tacy told Nowell, our vacation at Black Mountain Ranch was better than Disneyland. The family from New Jersey agreed that it was their best vacation ever, as did a twenty-something couple from London whom we chatted with too.”